Frequently Asked Questions
Are the caregivers employed by U-M?
No. The Work/Life Resource Center’s provider for this service is Safe at Home. Caregivers are trained, screened, and employed by this home health care agency.
Under what circumstances could my request for care be turned down?
There are limits to service availability.
- The service is not available during snow days and school holidays.
- Care is not available for children who have contagious conditions such as head lice.
- Care is not available for infants under the age of 6 weeks.
- There are a limited number of caregivers. During peak flu season, for example, there may not be enough caregivers to fill all requests.
- Requests for care at unique hours, such as afternoon shifts, or in locations only partially served, are contingent upon caregiver availability in each instance.
- If payment for previous service is outstanding, your request may be turned down.
Can I share care with another family?
No. Due to liability issues, this service may only be used for the child or children residing in the home of the U-M affiliate scheduling care.
Can grandparents use this service?
If you are a grandparent employed by U-M, and the child lives in your home, then you may use the service.
How can I give feedback about my experiences with the program?
The provider will send a customer satisfaction survey with each bill. The results of that survey are communicated to the Work/Life Resource Center. You can also provide feedback directly to the Work/Life Resource Center staff by calling (734)936-8677.
What if I have other questions about the program?
The U-M Work/Life Resource Center oversees this program. Please feel free contact us at (734) 936-8677, or e-mail email@example.com.
What if I have to cancel my service?
If the service has been arranged more than 48 hours before care is needed (“Prearranged”), a charge of $82 will be assessed if the agency does not receive notice of the cancellation 24 hours prior to service, and the agency has reserved and confirmed a caregiver with the family.
If the service has been arranged less than 48 hours before care is needed, a charge of $82 will be assessed if the agency does not receive notice of the cancellation by 9:00 pm the night before service, and the agency has reserved and confirmed a caregiver with the family.