U-M Family Helpers
University of Michigan Family Helpers are current U-M students or U-M benefits-eligible retirees who offer occasional/short-term/part-time services to U-M families. Services may include child care, tutoring, elder care, house sitting, yard work, running errands, pet care, and housekeeping.
Each U-M Family Helper has passed a State of Michigan (only) background check, and has created a personal profile. Any current U-M faculty, staff member, or student may log in to view profiles, and then contact potential Family Helpers. Rate of pay and other details are negotiated between the U-M family and the Family Helper.
Important note: More-than-part-time job duties are not possible for most busy students and many retirees. To find a caregiver who can provide full-time support for your family, please consider other resources such as Care.com or Sittercity.com listings, or nanny agencies (see Additional Child Care Resources, below), search for a licensed child care center or home (see Find Child Care Now, below), search elder care resources (below), etc.
- Find a Family Helper (for occasional/short-term/part-time needs in your home)
- Post a Help Wanted ad (for occasional/short-term/part-time needs in your home)
- Additional Child Care Resources (for ongoing, part-to-full-time child care needs in your home)
- Find Child Care Now (for ongoing, part-to-full-time child care needs in state-licensed center and home settings in the community)
- Elder Care Resources
- Become a Family Helper (for current U-M students and U-M benefits-eligible retirees only -- please note that background checks are not conducted on U-M families who are seeking services)
Click here to search for a U-M Family Helper and post a help wanted ad, or to register to become a
Family Helper (only U-M students and U-M benefits-eligible retirees are eligible to be Family Helpers).