Health Resource Centers within UMHS
Programs and educational materials to meet your various health needs. The HERC also offers classes on parenting, baby care, grandparenting and more.
- East Ann Arbor Health Education Resource Center (HERC)
- Cancer Patient Family Education Resource Center (PERC)
- FRIENDS Depression Education and Resource Center (FDERC)
- Mardigian Wellness Resource Center, Cardiovascular Center
- Mott Children’s Hospital Family Resource Center (FRC)
- Turner Senior Resource Center
- Women’s Health Resource Center (WHRC)
Learn how to train like an Olympian, discover low cost ways to eat heathier, find out how to laugh your way to wellness, and more.
Programs Available Online
A variety of online programs highlighting specific health topics are available to inform and support you in achieving your health goals.
Qualifying benefits-eligible faculty and staff can participate in StayWell Health Management programs for free. To access these programs, please visit https://rewards.mhealthy.org/staywell/hlp and log-in with your Kerberos password. The programs will pop-up in a new window.
Additional online healthy living programs are available through your medical insurance carrier. Please follow the links below to access these programs for yourself and your covered family members.
- U-M Premiere Care
- Health Alliance Plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Community PPO
- Comprehensive Major Medical
Online Health Education Information
- UMHS Patient-Education Clearinghouse - Locate materials created by UMHS faculty & staff for patients, families and the general public. Also includes some external materials that were approved for patient education by the relevant UMHS committees and/or clinics.
- MD Consult - A premier source for print-friendly handouts. It includes handouts from the American Academy of Family Physicians, A.D.A.M. Inc. and selected handouts from Relay Health (known to UMHS clinicians as "Patient Advisor").
- Relay Health Patient Advisor - Relay Health Patient Advisor content is available to the UMHS community through the Health & Wellness Resource Center. These are health topics written and reviewed by physicians and nurses from leading health institutions in the United States.
- Healthwise Knowledgebase - Healthwise is a nonprofit organization founded in 1975 with the mission to help people make better health decisions. More than 100 million times a year people like you use Healthwise® information to take an active role in their health.
A website that explores the trends, issues and challenges related to healthcare costs.
Physical Activity Resources
Physical activity resources including fact sheets, fitness center discounts, walking maps, training routines and much more.
Nutrition resouces including fact sheets and links to other credible nutrition resources.
Weight Management Resources
Weight Management resouces including fact sheets and links to other credible nutrition resources.
Mental and Emotional Health Resources
This website includes useful information, resources, and online screenings to help you manage the ups and downs of life.
Tobacco Treatment Resources
Resources include fact sheets and links to programs offered by medical insurance carriers.
Alcohol Management Resources
Links to U-M Health System resouces and other credible resouces.
Change in Ability to Work Resources
The University of Michigan offers resources to faculty and staff who may be experiencing a change in their ability to perform effectively at work.