Self Care Checklist
Are you taking good care of yourself—body, mind, and spirit? Review the list below to see how well you're doing and how to do better.
How well do you care for your physical health?
- Eat a well-balanced diet.
- Get adequate sleep.
- Have periods of physical rest and relaxation.
- Get regular physical exercise.
- Keep your weight at a healthy level.
- Get regular mental exercise (e.g., reading, music, puzzles).
- Attend to your own health needs.
How well do you care for your emotional health?
- Talk about your feelings, both positive and negative.
- Use coping strategies for stress, anxiety, and frustration.
- Remind yourself of the good things in your life.
- Laugh a lot.
- Practice being a positive, encouraging person.
- Find balance between your work and personal life.
- Take time for rest and relaxation.
How well do you care for your interpersonal well-being and friendships?
- Have close friends and confidants.
- Take time to enjoy activities with others.
- Give back to others.
How well do you care for your spiritual health?
- Pay attention to your spiritual needs.
- Spend time thinking about the things which bring peace, beauty and serenity to your life.
- Follow your own spiritual path (religious or not).