A Healthy Mid-life Transition
A mid-life transition is a very natural process that we all experience as part of maturing. Normally this transition occurs in the early to mid 40's.
Some common issues that arise include feeling bored, frustrated, or confused about your current life situation. At times this includes a feeling of being in a lull and yearning to be more adventurous.
If you are experiencing a period of mid-life questioning or transition, take steps to cope with your feelings and re-energize yourself.
- Give yourself permission to accept the feelings you are having.
- Talk to someone about your feelings.
- Learn some new coping skills.
- Set new goals for yourself.
- Develop new hobbies or interests. Consider joining a community group, or volunteering with a community agency.
- Take some time to enjoy and strengthen your existing relationships. Spend some uninterrupted time with those who are important to you.
- Try to increase your personal wellness and stick to an exercise plan to help you feel energized.