Classes, Training and Events
Open to all U-M employees, free of charge.
Anger is a powerful emotion. When used skillfully, it can strengthen relationships and provide clarity about what is important to us. When used unskillfully, it creates discord in relationships and creates a workplace culture that lacks a sense of safety. In this two-part series participants will learn about the positive benefits of anger and how to listen and understand their anger in a way that allows them to achieve results that maintain vital workplace and personal relationships. Facilitated by the professional staff of the UMHS Employee Assistance Program.
- When: October 15 & 22, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Where: CVC Board Room 5321
- Register: Call UMHS EAP at 763-5409 or email email@example.com*.
Relaxing Under the Stars
We invite you to step out of your hectic daily life, shift your perspective, and lift your spirits with this visual journey through the natural wonders of our universe, including bright stars, constellations, planets, and more. Simply sit and relax a while in the dark cozy comfort of the Planetarium at our own U-M Natural History Museum, as we treat you to beautiful music, a bit of fascinating science, and breathtaking views. You'll return to your world renewed and refreshed.
- When: This program is offered weekly on Wednesdays from 3:30 - 4:00 pm. Available dates will be listed when you select the registration link below. (NOTE: There will be no program during the months of July and August.)
- Time: 3:30 - 4:00 p.m.
- Where: University of Michigan Museum of Natural History Planetarium, Room 4517, 4th floor, 1109 Geddes Ave, Ann Arbor.
- Register:Registration has closed. Check back this fall for more dates.
Grief Support Group
Any significant life loss through the death of a loved one, divorce, separation, loss of your health, a job, or a pet causes grief for the person who experienced the loss. Each person’s loss is different and each person’s grief journey is unique, yet the process of grieving is similar regardless of what you have lost. The Grief Support Group provides a compassionate space where individuals can share their experiences and know they are understood.
- When: Third Tuesday of each month
- Time: 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- Where: University Hospital room UH 2G209
- Register: Drop-ins are welcome!
Stress Less, Live More! (Department Level Program)
The Stress Less, Live More! program, by MHealthy Thrive!, will guide you through a variety of strategies that can help you manage your response to daily stressors, and allow you feel more energized, connected, and resilient. There is no one-size-fits-all solution for stress management. As you try our suggested activities each week, you will learn what works for you, what doesn’t, and you will experience how simple shifts can lead to big changes for you and those around you. You will use a printed Stress Less, Live More! Personal Journal each week to record and reflect on your journey. Try this program to start finding YOUR best way to stress less, and live more! Learn more about Stress Less, Live More!
Questions? Please email MHealthyThrive@umich.edu
* Electronic Mail is not secure, may not be read every day, and should not be used for urgent or sensitive issues.