All MHealthy Health and Fitness Specialists are experienced personal trainers with degrees in exercise science.
MHealthy's personal training services are for individuals of any age or fitness level, including those with health conditions that may improve with exercise under the guidance of a personal trainer. MHealthy provides you with an individualized exercise program tailored to meet your goals and your health and fitness needs. Our specialties include:
- Strength training
- Aerobic and anaerobic training
- Sport-specific training
- Back care
- Other tailored programs
Frequently asked questions about MHealthy Personal Training Services:
- What do MHealthy’s personal training sessions include?
- Does MHealthy offer group personal training?
- What Personal training services are offered?
- Which personal training service is right for me?
- What locations do you train at?
- How do I get started?
- What qualifications do MHealthy Personal Trainers have?
Exercise Program: You receive an exercise program tailored to your health and fitness needs. Your MHealthy exercise program includes a combination of health and fitness components and exercise tracking sheets.
MHealthy Personal Trainers: You receive individualized attention, guidance and motivation from your personal trainer to ensure your success in reaching your physical activity goals.
MHealthy offers group personal training for up to four people. Group personal training is an economical alternative to one-on-one personal training. The friendly rivalry and enthusiasm of the group motivates you to try harder to reach your fitness goals. Go to the group personal training page for details.
- 30- & 60-minute sessions included
- various packages (see printable brochure)
- Prior to starting 30-minute sessions, you must complete one 60-minute session or have previously purchased a package of 60-minute sessions.
Fitness Assessment: The fitness assessment determines your current fitness level and identifies your areas of need. Your trainer reviews your results with you and you receive a personalized report of your results. A variety of health and fitness categories are assessed, including:
- Resting and exercise heart rates
- Resting and exercise blood pressures
- Muscular endurance and strength
- Aerobic capacity
- Body composition
- Upper and lower body flexibility
Body Composition: Body composition analysis estimates the percentage of your body weight that is fat weight and lean weight. This information is useful in achieving specific weight goals and in determining certain health risk factors. Testing is performed using a skinfold caliper method. (Body composition can be purchased separately or it is included in a fitness assessment and/or the Get Fit Package)
Get Fit Package: This package includes a fitness assessment and two 1-hour personal training sessions. The fitness assessment determines your current fitness level, identifies your areas of need and determines your exercise program focus. The personal training sessions are used to design and teach you how to get the most from your exercise program.
Fitness Assessments & Body Compositions occur at the CCRB and Ice Cube only.
Personal Training Packages: MHealthy offers a variety of different packages to suit your specific needs. You may wish to discuss possibilities with MHealthy to help you choose the best package for you. MHealthy offers discounted rates for enrolled U of M students. View the brochure for a list of personal training packages. Gift Certificates are available.
MHealthy has a personal training office in the lower level of the Central Campus Recreation Building (room 1056) where we have office hours by appointment and conduct fitness assessments. We offer personal training sessions at the Central Campus Recreation Building (CCRB), North Campus Recreation Building (NCRB) and the Intramural Sports Building (IMSB). We also have personal training services at the MHealthy Fitness Center at the Ann Arbor Ice Cube.
View Larger Map
Personal training on other campuses:
To schedule an appointment or for more information contact MHealthy Personal Training at (734) 647-7714 or by e-mail at MHealthytraining@med.umich.edu
All MHealthy staff/trainers have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Exercise Science or an exercise related field.
All trainers are experienced and certified. Many have certifications from premier organizations such as American College of Sports Medicine and the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
All are CPR/AED certified.
Why is certification important?
- The trainer has demonstrated on an examination that they have the skills/knowledge required to provide safe and effective exercise programs.
- Trainers who are certified are required to attend conferences/lectures and earn continuing education credits to maintain their certification. This helps the trainer maintain/improve their knowledge and skills in the field and stay current with the latest research as well.