Personalized Exercise Program
for People with
Special Health Needs
The goal of this supervised program is to provide participants with a safe and effective exercise experience designed to optimize quality of life, daily function, and health status. Get started by calling 734-998-8700 to schedule a FREE 30-minute consultation.
Fit-Script is for people who:
- Have a complex health history
- Have a chronic illness or condition, such as:
- Auto Immune Disorders
- Pulmonary Conditions
- Other conditions that improve with exercise
- Are post cardiac or physical rehabilitation
- Are post medical treatment
- Have a doctor's recommendation to begin an exercise program
- Would benefit from a supervised exercise program
- Can independently get on and off exercise equipment and follow a customized exercise program. (MHealthy Personal Training is available for those who need assistance.)
Frequently asked questions:
- What does Fit-Script include?
- Which Fit-Script program is right for me?
- What is the difference between Fit-Script and Personal Training?
- What qualifications do Fit-Script staff have?
- How do I enroll in Fit-Script?
- Is Fit-Script covered by health care insurance?
- How is a patient referred to the Fit-Script program?
- What is a certified Medical Exercise Specialist
MHealthy offers a free consultation. MHealthy staff will review your physical activity goals and help you determine whether the Fit-Script program or MHealthy Personal Training, or another program is right for you.
Pre- and Post-Functional Assessments
The pre-assessment measures your functional capacity (ability to perform the activities of daily life) and establishes a baseline for setting exercise goals. After completing your Fit-Script program, the post-assessment provides you with feedback about improvements you have made in your functional capacity. It will also be used to make adjustments to your exercise program. The proof of success is demonstrated by outcomes. Therefore all Fit-Script programs begin and end with a functional assessment.
Fit-Script staff will review your results and assist you in setting physical activity goals. Then they will:
- Provide a prescription for a tailored exercise program based on your health history and functional assessment results
- Provide wellness education as part of your exercise program
- Provide four personal training sessions to get you started
- Supervise all of your workouts
- Always be on hand to answer your questions.
Fit-Script staff will follow up with you weekly to review progress-to-date and adjust your goals or program as necessary. Upon request, Fit-Script staff will also follow up with your health care provider.
Fit-Script offers both short- and long-term programs. Fit-Script staff will help you determine which program is appropriate for your needs and goals.
Short-Term Fit-Script Program:
4-Month Supervised Exercise Program
Long-Term Fit-Script Program:
12-Month Supervised Exercise Program
Fit-Script and personal training are very similar. Both programs provide an exercise program tailored to meet your goals and your health and fitness needs. The main difference is that with personal training you have your trainer's undivided attention during every session. With Fit-Script, once you have learned your program, you will exercise independently under the supervision of a Fit-Script staff member who is available to answer questions and check in with you periodically.
MHealthy’s Fit-Script program is overseen by a certified Medical Exercise Specialist (MES) who reviews all Fit-Script exercise programs. All MHealthy Fit-Script staff members have bachelor’s or master’s degrees in exercise science, sports medicine or similar fields. Many have certification(s) from premier industry authorities such as the American College of Sports Medicine and the National Strength and Conditioning Association. All are CPR/AED certified.
Our mission is to provide each participant with a safe and successful exercise and lifestyle experience that optimizes his or her quality of life.
The best option is making an appointment for the free consultation. To schedule an appointment, or to find out more about the Fit-Script program call MHealthy at: (734) 998-8700
This program is fee for service. Fit-Script is generally not covered by insurance. We recommend that you check with your insurance company.
To set up a functional assessment appointment or a FREE consultation with a trained health and fitness professional, patients may self-refer to the Fit-Script program by calling (734) 998-8700. Physicians can refer their patients to the Fit-Script program through MiChart. Enter MHealthy into the Meds and Orders page, or the Order Entry page, and press enter. Fit-Script is under “Referral to MHealthy Risk Reduction – Physical Activity.” Physician clearance is required from all Fit-Script participants before they can schedule their functional assessment.
The Medical Exercise Specialist (MES) certification is internationally recognized by the medical and fitness communities as the standard certification for fitness professionals working with special populations and post-rehab clients. The program prepares the fitness professional to develop fitness programs for clients with a wide range of medical conditions.
A certified Medical Exercise Specialist has received advanced training to:
- be able to develop safe and effective fitness programs for clients with cardiovascular, metabolic, neurologic, and musculoskeletal conditions that do not require the supervision of a licensed medical professional for exercise
- understand how common medical conditions respond to exercise
- be able to perform a safe and effective fitness assessment on a special population or post-rehab client without causing exacerbation of the condition
- understand the common sources of injury in the fitness setting and how to avoid such injuries
Gift Certificates Available
“Fitness is a lifestyle journey, not a destination”