INTERNSHIPS & TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT
MHealthy has internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students in the areas of employee wellness, community health promotion, fitness center management, personal training, health education, nutrition, tobacco cessation, and marketing.
Prospective interns should consider the following:
- Internship positions and specific projects/tasks vary based on seasonal MHealthy program needs and the individual interests and goals of selected interns.
- In order to be considered for an MHealthy internship, potential interns must have completed at least their junior year of college and be majoring in a health-related field.
Summer 2014 internship applications are due by March 14, 2014.
How to apply:
- Get to know MHealthy and its programs.
- Fill out the internship application. Interactive pdf
- Once you have completed and saved this form, email your resume, two professional references, and this application to MHealthy’s Internship Coordinator at email@example.com.
Once your application, resume, and references are received, the Internship Coordinator will review and forward your materials to relevant program supervisors. Individual internship supervisors may then select applicants for screening and interviews.
For any questions related to the MHealthy Internship Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
MHealthy occasionally has temporary employment opportunities for Exercise Class Instructors, Fitness Specialists and Personal Trainers.
Exercise Class Instructors
If you are interested in instructing one of our classes you must currently be certified in CPR and currently certified in the area you wish to teach (Yoga, Pilates, etc.). Contact Colleen Greene at email@example.com or (734) 764-0339 for information on open positions.
If you are interested in a fitness specialist position at the MFit Fitness Center at the Ice Cube you must have a degree in a related field. Contact Carol Warheit at firstname.lastname@example.org or (734) 998-8700 for information on open positions.
If you are interested in a personal training position you must have a degree in a related field and certification. Contact Eric Breitenbeck at email@example.com or (734) 647-7714/(734) 998-8700 for information on open positions.