Applications to participate in the program are accepted during April of each year. For more information about the program, please contact a Wellness Coordinator or the Recognition and Champion Engagement team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MHealthy Champions are staff and faculty volunteers who help to create a culture of health within their work areas. Champions promote MHealthy programs and act as a liaison between their department and MHealthy to provide us with feedback, thoughts or ideas to make our programs even better and useful for their area. Our goal is to have a representative group of our entire university community that includes diversity in job roles and levels, age, race, and gender.
Purpose of the Program
To improve and/or sustain healthy behaviors and reduce health risk factors among University faculty and staff by:
- Increasing the number of departments at the U-M who are supporting employee health and well-being and;
- Recognizing and honoring both individual and department efforts to create healthy workplaces.
- Announce to your work unit that you are their MHealthy Champion. You can do this in a number of ways: (Email, Fun flyer, Healthy potluck, Etc.
- Complete the Workplace Wellness Checklist. This will help you to check your department’s areas of strength as well as possible areas for growth when it comes to health and wellness. Then, develop an Action Plan for the year.
- Execute one goal from your Action Plan
- Share your Success Stories with MHealthy
- We also ask that you attend at least 1 of 2 MHealthy Champion Meetings per program year (an all-day June Retreat and/or a one-hour December Informational Webinar)
We ask Champions to serve a two-year term. The estimated monthly time commitment is 1-2 hours a month.
Becoming a Champion
Becoming a Champion can occur in one of two ways:
- Supervisor nominates someone in their department. The nominee fills out an online application.
- Someone applies to be a Champion for their work area on their own.
**In both scenarios, a submitted application triggers an email to your supervisor asking him/her to approve your participation in the program. The email will contain a link to the Charge document outlining the program requirements and estimated time commitment. Once the supervisor sends a reply to us approving your participation, you will be accepted into the program.**