Applications to participate in the program are accepted during April of each year. For more information about the program, please contact a Wellness Coordinator at email@example.com
MHealthy Champions are staff and faculty volunteers who help to create a culture of health within their work areas. Champions promote MHealthy programs and act as a liaison between their department and MHealthy to provide us with feedback, thoughts or ideas to make our programs even better and useful for their area. Our goal is to have a representative group of our entire university community that includes diversity in job roles and levels, age, race, and gender.
Purpose of the Program
To improve and/or sustain healthy behaviors and reduce health risk factors among University faculty and staff by:
- Increasing the number of departments at the U-M who are supporting employee health and well-being and;
- Recognizing and honoring both individual and department efforts to create healthy workplaces.
- Attend two MHealthy Champion Meetings per program year (an all-day June Retreat and a one-hour January Informational Meeting)
- Organize at least one healthy event for your workplace (as big or as small as you like)
- Complete the Workplace Wellness Checklist (WWC) and create an Action Plan (completed in year 1 of each 2-year cycle). MHealthy Wellness Coordinators are available to assist you with the WWC and creation of your action plan.
- Implement at least one goal from your Action Plan
- Share your success with us!
We ask Champions to serve a two-year term. The estimated monthly time commitment is 1-2 hours a month.
Becoming a Champion
Becoming a Champion can occur in one of two ways:
- Supervisor nominates someone in their department. The nominee fills out an online application.
- Someone applies to be a Champion for their work area on their own.
**In both scenarios, a submitted application triggers an email to your supervisor asking him/her to approve your participation in the program. The email will contain a link to the Charge document outlining the program requirements and estimated time commitment. Once the supervisor sends a reply to us approving your participation, you will be accepted into the program.**