2012 Holiday, Season and Vacation Scheduling
HOLIDAY AND VACATION SCHEDULING FOR 2012
(SPG 201.26--Holidays; SPG 201.26-1--Season Days)
HOLIDAYS FOR 2012:
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 28, 2012
- Independence Day: Wednesday, July 4, 2012
- Labor Day: Monday, September 3, 2012
- Thanksgiving Day and the day following: Thursday and Friday, November 22 and 23, 2012
- Christmas Day: Tuesday, December 25, 2012
- New Year’s Day: Tuesday, January 1, 2013
The University observes four (4) Season Days between the Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays and employees receive time off on those days.
Employees who work on a Season Day will receive an equivalent amount of vacation hours as an addition to their vacation accrual. They may schedule this vacation time at anytime during the year by requesting vacation as they usually do. Using the time reporting code SEW for hours worked on a season day will tell the payroll system to pay the staff member at the appropriate rate and automatically add an equivalent number of hours to their vacation. For regular part-time staff, it may be necessary to report some Season Day hours after New Year's Day in order to account for their proportion of Season Day hours due.
The Season Days for 2012 are December 26, 27, 28, and 31.