CONGRATULATIONS to the 2014 DDLA Recipients!
The individual DDLA recipients are:
- Pardip Bolina, Center for Global and Intercultural Study
- Mary Diskin, Plant Operations
- Joseph Foster, UHR Childrens Center
- Diane Hall, ITS Infrastructure Services & Operations
- Rev. Jamie Hawley, UMHS Spiritual Care Department
- Craig Luck, Hospital Operations
- Linh Nguyen, Multi-Ethnic Student Affairs - Student Life
- Darlene Nichols, Library Research
- Esrold Nurse, LS&A Student Academic Affairs
The five team awardees are:
- CRLT Players Theatre Program Team
- Global Communications Team at Michigan News
- School of Public Health Office of Academic Affairs Team
- UM Flint Initiatives in Nursing Diversity Staff Team
- Women in Plant Services Team
Do you know a member of the staff, or an entire work team that stands out by demonstrating extraordinary commitment and dedication to diversity at the University of Michigan? Share your story by making a nomination for the Distinguished Diversity Leaders Award.
The Distinguished Diversity Leaders Award was established to shine a light on those staff members who work toward achieving a welcoming, supportive and inclusive working environment. It is intended to celebrate those who embrace the value of diversity and recognize how it helps set the University apart.
Make a nomination now for individuals or teams. As many as ten individual and five team awards will be made each year. Award winners will receive written recognition and money to use for professional development activities and/or training ($1,000 for individual recipients, $2,500 for team recipients to share).
The Office of the Provost and University Human Resources will also present special recognition awards to units for exemplary progress toward creating a welcoming, supportive and diverse environment.