CONGRATULATIONS to the 2013 DDLA Recipients! Click here for pictures.
The individual DDLA recipients are:
• Jason Davis, ECE alumni relations coordinator, Electrical & Computer Engineering.
• Chanel DeGuzman, program manager, Student Counseling & Programming — School of Public Health.
• Cora Edwards, clinical research coordinator, Radiation Oncology.
• Gerald Hoff, senior billing representative, U-M Health System Registration & Insurance Verification.
• Leon Howard, residence hall director, University Housing.
• Sharon Lobdell, student adviser/tutoring coordinator, UM-Dearborn Academic Support & Outreach Services.
• Armando Matiz Reyes, research area specialist, Health Behavior & Health Education Department.
• Henry Meares, assistant dean, School of Education.
• Elizabeth Studley, nurse anesthetist, C.S. Mott Children's Hospital.
• Tom Sullivan, training specialist lead, Facilities Maintenance.
• Lynette Wright, associate director of material and moving services, Plant Operations.
The five team awardees are:
• U-M Detroit Center staff.
• Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery Diversity Committee.
• Social & Behavioral Issues in Medicine course team.
• Understanding Race theme semester co-chairs.
• Graduate Student Success Team – Rackham.
Do you know a member of the staff, or an entire work team that stands out by demonstrating extraordinary commitment and dedication to diversity at the University of Michigan? Share your story by making a nomination for the Distinguished Diversity Leaders Award.
The Distinguished Diversity Leaders Award was established to shine a light on those staff members who work toward achieving a welcoming, supportive and inclusive working environment. It is intended to celebrate those who embrace the value of diversity and recognize how it helps set the University apart.
Make a nomination now for individuals or teams. As many as ten individual and five team awards will be made each year. Award winners will receive written recognition and money to use for professional development activities and/or training ($1,000 for individual recipients, $2,500 for team recipients to share).
The Office of the Provost and University Human Resources will also present special recognition awards to units for exemplary progress toward creating a welcoming, supportive and diverse environment.
Help Spread the Word
Please print and post this flier!