Career Exploration Resources
Are you trying to find some direction for your current career? Perhaps you are contemplating a change in careers? If so, it is important to conduct research into the career paths that may interest you. The more research you do, the more likely a career path will become evident to you.
If you choose to take a more self-directed approach, here are some things to consider while conducting your research...
- Career Counseling: Advice on making work and career decisions Center Education for Women (CEW) - This resource is not just for women. CEW offers job advice, development workshops and library of resource
- Career Plan: Create a solid career plan or a job map
What Interest you?
- Informational Interviews: Questions to asked during the Interview
- UM Career Navigator
- Allied Health
- Nursing Careers
- Volunteer: Community Program and Services
- How to Network: Guide on the Do/Don’ts of Networking
- Online Strategies:
- Mentorship: Establishing a relationship with an individual on an formal or informal basis to guide and answer any questions concerning your career decisions
- Professional organizations: Opportunity to network and expand your network with individuals that share a common interest
- Books/Newsletters: Resources to keep up to date on news related to your career Success in HR newsletter